HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Breakfast Cups
Phase: Maintenance Phase Course: Breakfast
This HCG Diet Maintenacne recipe is allowed for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3 and beyond because it does not contain any sugar or starches.
- 1 handful fresh spinach, torn or cut into small pieces
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a greased cupcake tin divide spinach, bacon, and cheese between the 12 cups.
Stir each cup with a fork just to make sure filling is coated with egg mixture.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges start to pull away.
I like these on HCG maintenance because you can just use whatever ingredients you have. If you don’t have bacon, crumbled breakfast sausage or diced ham would work. If you don’t have spinach, you can use chopped up cooked broccoli or asparagus. It would also be great with bell peppers, onion, or tomato, too.
Bonus HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe!
HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Southwest Egg Bake
This Phase 3 recipe is great for the 1st 3 weeks of maintenance and beyond because it does not contain and sugar or starches. Serves 6-8.
Submitted by Dianna H.
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 6 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- ¾ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- ½ rice avocado, sliced
- sour cream (to taste)
- hot sauce, if desired
- Whisk eggs and egg whites with cayenne in a bowl. Set aside.
- Sauté the peppers, onions and bacon in a pan until veggies are tender and bacon is cooked.
- Combine egg mixture, pepper mixture, canned tomatoes, and cheese in a baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, sour cream, and hot sauce to taste.