Posted on January 06, 2015
Going to a gym is a great way to get fit, as you'll have a wide range of equipment to use and the freedom to exercise regardless of weather conditions. However, many people suffer from anxiety that stops them from going to the gym. Whether you worry about hurting yourself on the treadmill, making a fool of yourself on a machine or think you'll look out of place, these tips will help to calm you.
* Sign up for a fitness class that is pitched at a level suitable for beginners. You'll meet lots of other people who are just getting started, many of whom may be nervous as well. In addition, you can even tell the instructor that you're a new gym user and may need a bit of extra help.
* Work out when the gym is quiet. Very few people choose to exercise after 8pm, for example, so you will have more freedom to experiment with machines and figure out how to use the equipment. If you want to have concrete details about quiet times, ask a member of staff.
* Zone into music when you're exercising. When you have your favorite songs motivating you, it's easier to lose yourself in the rhythm of your workout and forget the other people around you. Further, remember that most other people are focused on their music as well.
* Think about what you're going to do before you go to the gym. This strategy stops you from feeling paralyzed when you get there. Once you start cultivating a routine, the whole process of working out becomes much less stressful.
* If you are nervous about injuring yourself, ask for guidance in the gym or simply do some reading before you go. Plenty of websites will tell you exactly how to use common gym equipment without causing pain.
* Finally, consider whether you might be able to find a gym buddy to accompany you. Most environments are less intimidating if you're with a friend, and taking a companion can also help you to stay motivated when you're tired or bored.
Numerous studies over the past 30 years have found solid connections between a positive outlook and better recovery rates. One recent study found that patients who went into surgery with a positive attitude recovered better than those who went under the knife with a pessimistic attitude or a heightened sense of fear. It's Not Easy When you're faced with illness, keeping [...]
There has been so much buzz about coconut oil lately that I had to look into this. We know it is great for our hair and skin but are there internal health benefits from it? Coconut oil has always been used in tropical countries as a cooking method but was disregarded in the U.S. during the [...]
Are you new to the HCG Diet Protocol, or have you experienced the HCG Diet before and are preparing to "do another round"? For the newbies, you’ve probably heard that the HCG Diet is extremely effective, but has very specific guidelines. If you are not completely sure what to do and when to do it, My HCG Diary will [...]
In today's world, new gadgets and technologies are emerging daily and they are promising to make our lives easier and more connected. But are they really doing that? Did you know that Steve Jobs didn't let his kids play with the iPad? In fact, when people asked him how his kids liked the new toy, [...]
Not even having a slammin’ body that would make Ryan Reynolds swoon is usually enough motivation to get me to the gym on a cold snowy day. You know…the kind of day where it would feel better to make a fire and drink a pumpkin spice latte while laying on the couch? So here are some of our [...]
We know this isn't the most glamorous of blog topics, but nail fungus happens to the best of us. Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, can be an embarrassing condition for someone to have, especially during the summery sandal months or during yoga class....Getting rid of that nail fungus can prove to be a nightmare! Here are some nail [...]
Looking for some awesome gadgets to add to your kitchen for optimal health? Here are some neat kitchen appliances that we have found that are sure to make living a healthy lifestyle easier! 1. Oil Mister If you don’t want to use PAM or another synthetic oil spray, it can sometimes be too easy to pour a much-larger-than-needed amount of [...]
In today’s world of health trends, juicing seems to be at the forefront of the conversation. The theory? We can’t, or don’t have the time, to physically eat enough fruits and vegetables in a day to get all the wonderful, amazing nutrients that we need (or even more than need/want) for us to achieve optimal health. So, instead, [...]
As much as the FDA, the media, and many traditional medicinal outlets tell you the opposite, the HCG Diet DOES work if it is done correctly. Not only does it work, it works quickly and with great, consistent results. Most people lose 20-30 lbs in about a month and then keep it off. Plus, people [...]