We see so many HCG companies out there talking about the HCG Diet that mislead customers all the time. This is so hard for us to watch and we are always working to make sure good, sound advice is always being put out on the internet and in the publications that we at DIY HCG write and sell. But, it’s an uphill battle.
Not sure what we’re talking about? Here are a couple of examples of the most common, bad HCG advice:
- Companies promoting lots of shakes and bars, especially with additional 'meals' or 'snacks' added -- this doesn't lead to long term success with 'normal' food. Substituting a shake here and there with a shake that been meticulously chosen should be fine, but that is not what a lot of plans encourage.
- Companies who say that foods like turkey are okay on the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) are straying at least a little and potentially a lot if you look at other areas.
- Companies who say you can keep using your regular lotion during the VLCD on HCG either lack experience or have never picked up on the fact that product with fats and oils CAN slow or stop weight loss on HCG. We have seen a few people who lost fine, but many who have not due to using the smallest amount of product such as makeup, applying Neosporin ointment, and rolling butter cookies before baking at Christmas.
- Companies suggesting 800 calorie diet plans or 50- or 60-day plans in order to have a 'safe' caloric intake. Either people understand and believe the HCG diet philosophy, where 1500 to 4000 calories are released into your system daily by the hcg when you lose the fat, OR they don't!
- Companies selling a product called HCG but doesn’t actually list HCG in the ingredients.
These 'adaptations' slow the rate of loss, which means you do more rounds and buy more products for slower results. While we love the HCG diet, we don't love it that much! So please, be in the know and be careful when you are looking for an HCG company to buy HCG Diet products from or take HCG advice from!
Here are a few questions to ask that should help weed out any not-so-reputable companies:
- Do they have their phone number and address listed somewhere obvious?
- Do they follow Dr. Simeons’ original HCG guidelines for food and personal care products?
- If you call them, does a real person answer the phone, sound like they understand, sound like they have experience on the diet, sound like they care, provide support?
Any of this sound familiar? Tell us about it below.
vs. Your body needs healthy fats in order to function properly - and to lose weight. Healthy fats come in the form of foods like avocados and nuts as well as the oils you cook with. Olive oil and canola oil tend to go head to head in their competition to be touted the healthiest cooking [...]
Exposing yourself to sun or tanning beds isn’t the best thing for your health in general, but it can be especially detrimental during the VLCD of the HCG Diet and can really take a toll on your HCG weight loss.This is because when our skin is exposed to these things, our body excretes certain toxins. [...]
How to Relax - For RealYou've heard it a million times: When you're stressed out, you should breathe deeply, or count to ten, or imagine fluffy pink bunnies jumping over rainbows, or crack open a bottle of wine. Wait! Scratch that last one. This article isn't about self-medicating your stress away, but it's also not about the "top five best [...]
Many people experience muscle cramping while on the HCG Diet. They’re not fun, but they’re just another side effect of HCG and of getting to lose so much weight so quickly.If the cramping is mild, first make sure you’re drinking enough water because it might just be because of dehydration. If you’re definitely getting enough [...]
by Dr. Carmen Harra, clinical psychologist and relationship expertHonestly answer these three questions: When was the last time I did something I loved? What have I done to better myself in the past month? To whom do I listen? You will better understand how your energy is consumed based on your answers. If you feel you deserve more self-care, [...]
Here is a great success story from one of our DIY HCG Diet customers, Rebecca…So inspiring!My name is Rebecca Anvik, and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. During high school, I was a size 12 and about 165 lbs. I then met my husband after high school. We [...]
Simple Girl Sugar Free Carolina BBQ Sauce is perfect for the low calorie phase of the diet and many dieters continue to pour on that sauce after completing the low calorie phase BUT for HCG Maintenance and the “rest of your life”, there is another option…Simple Girl Low Sugar BBQ Sauce – Sweet N’ Spicy. [...]
The first five days of the HCG Very Low Calorie Diet can be the absolute toughest days you might experience on the HCG Diet. HCG affects all of us differently, but in general, there are three primary reasons for the headaches and hunger pains felt in these first few days of the VLCD on HCG. Psychological hunger. It’s all in [...]
vs. Both eggs and avocados have had their share of demonizing. During the misguided low-fat craze of the 1990s, trendy restaurants whipped up egg-white omelets, and Mexican restaurants put the guacamole on the naughty side of the beans and rice, where many health-conscious people left [...]