When the weather starts warming up and you’re planning that pre-bikini round of HCG, remember that the outdoor grill can add so much flavor to your HCG meals. You can literally grill almost everything on the VLCD.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your grill on the HCG Diet:
- Marinate your 3.5 oz. of protein ahead of time. Our HCG salad dressings and BBQ sauce are great options, or make your own HCG-safe marinade by combining a little vinegar, water, stevia, and spices like onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder (just make sure there are no sugars or oils listed in the ingredients of your spices).
- When you put your HCG protein on the grill, make sure you don’t touch it for at least a minute so it doesn’t stick to the grate.
- For veggies that shouldn’t go directly on the grate, wrap them up in foil and throw them on the grill with your protein. It’s quick and cleanup is a breeze!
- Use wood chips or a plank to add even more smoky flavor to your grilled HCG foods.
- Who says you have to grill every day? If you portion your protein out ahead of time, you can grill a bunch at once, saving time and energy. Plus, this way you can have delicious grilled foods that are safe on the VLCD/Phase 2 of the HCG Diet when you’re away from home and the grill.
- Also... remember non-stick cooking sprays are not allowed on Phase 2.
Need some ideas? We have tons of HCG Phase 2 Recipes to get your ideas flowing!
Cake is everywhere!!! Birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and pretty much any other major celebrations have it. Unfortunately, high calorie counts and heavy trans fat loads come with many of the cakes served at these events. Boo! There IS good news though. You can substitute healthy, delicious alternatives for most any cake and most any occasion AND you won’t get kicked out [...]
We all want to live a more healthy life, but good gosh it can be so expensive! Organic foods cost more than non-organic produce. Gym memberships and exercise classes can take a big bite out of your monthly budget. AND all-natural products might be a healthier option, but they too are pricier. Fortunately, several money-saving strategies can help you live [...]
We all know the expression “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but it has a counter part, too, that can prove just as beneficial. The positive effects of apple cider vinegar (or ACV) are more than just an old wives’ tale. From fighting plaque to stimulating the scalp and hair growth, you might [...]
Did you know that the average American born in 2013 will have a lifespan nearly four years longer than an American born twenty years ago? Lifespans are increasing over time. In fact, a growing number of people are reaching the centennial mark, and you could be one of them. These 11 tips might help you reach your one-hundredth birthday. 1. [...]
How to Get Rid of Shin Splints Shin splints are no fun at all, especially if they keep coming back after you think they've healed. If that's the case, you're probably not allowing enough time for healing, which can take up to three to six months. Rest assured, there is a light at the end of the burning, ripping pain tunnel. Why You [...]
An estimated 75 percent of women have experienced one or more symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome, or PMS. (If you haven’t, I’m jealous and we can’t be friends.) While its cause is largely unknown, there are a number of factors that contribute to PMS, whose symptoms typically appear sometime during the two weeks before menstruation begins and disappear within four days [...]
Exercise balls are commonplace now in most gyms. They're finding their place in workplaces too. If you haven't considered trying one, they are inexpensive and here's a few good reasons to do so. 1. A more toned core Sitting on an exercise ball forces you to engage the muscles of your abdomen, legs and hips in order to keep yourself balanced. Even though [...]
Have you heard of Melba toast? Does anyone else picture a small, gray haired lady holding a piece of toast out to you while her glasses slip down her nose? No? Must just be me! Well, if you haven’t heard of it, and you’re about to begin the HCG Diet, now is the time to learn what it is [...]
While you may see lemon as primarily a tangy ingredient to use in your recipes, many beauty companies see it differently. Lemon has powerful properties that function in a variety of ways to help strengthen and beautify. Rather than using chemical-based manufactured products that include a touch of lemon, it's a good idea to apply the pure, fresh and [...]