Posted by DIYHCG.com on October 10, 2014
Not even having a slammin’ body that would make Ryan Reynolds swoon is usually enough motivation to get me to the gym on a cold snowy day. You know…the kind of day where it would feel better to make a fire and drink a pumpkin spice latte while laying on the couch? So here are some of our top tips to get your butt to the gym.
How to make yourself workout and actually enjoy it:
1. Just Get Dressed: Simply putting on your gym clothes is a HUGE step in the right direction.
2. Create a Healthy Post-Workout Routine: Leave a few minutes to sit in the steam room, grab your favorite healthy smoothie, have a cold juice waiting for you in your car.
3. Make a Date with a Friend or Trainer: We ALL know that we do better when we have someone there to hold us accountable. Even if it is just making an appointment to show up together and then go do your own thing, making an appointment compels us to not skip.
4. Get Your Workout Over With In the A.M.: Now, I know this may be the hardest one for many of us to hear, but we know that if we don’t’ do it early, the likelihood of it happening throughout the day goes down as each hour passes. So, get up an hour earlier and get to it!
5. Watch Your Favorite Shows On a Treadmill at the Gym: Instead of going home to snuggle up on the couch and watch that latest episode of Scandal or Modern Family, hit the gym and watch it as you glide on an elliptical or run on a treadmill.Then you kill two birds with one stone.
6. Try Something New: Whether it be a Zumba class or indoor rock climbing or even a trapeze class (I did one and it was so fun), try something…anything….new. It makes your body burn more calories because your muscles aren’t usually familiar with the movements. Plus, it gets you out of your same-ol’ routine.
7. Get Cute for the Gym: Go buy some new workout clothes, throw your hair up, and put on a bit of lip gloss. It’s not a requirement to look like a rat when you go into the gym. :) If it will help you to feel better, dress it up a bit and hit the ground running!
8. Reward Yourself: What do you get when you go to the gym 3 times per week for a month straight? What about when you lose 5 lbs? You decide what your rewards will be. Just make sure that your goals are attainable and that your rewards keep you moving in the right direction of a healthy, happy life.
9. Join a Gym You Actually Like: Find one that has a nice locker room, cool people, and a clean facility that you enjoy.
10. Track Your Progress and Have Attainable Goals: Don’t tell yourself that you have to lose 20 lbs in the first three weeks. Do some research to find out what a healthy weight loss pace is for your body and set some goals that you can actually achieve!
If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep at night, it can wreak havoc on your life. Without proper rest our body functions are debilitated as well as our brain function being lower than normal. Listed below, you will find a list of different sleep orders. Maybe you will see some symptoms that someone in your life or [...]
Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, can be an embarrassing condition for someone to have, and getting rid of that nail fungus can prove to be a nightmare! Here are some nail fungus home remedies that some people say have worked.Apple Cider Vinegar for Nail FungusMix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water together in a bucket or bowl that you are [...]
Looking for some awesome gadgets to add to your kitchen for optimal health? Here are some neat kitchen appliances that we have found that are sure to make living a healthy lifestyle easier! 1. Oil Mister If you don’t want to use PAM or another synthetic oil spray, it can sometimes be too easy to pour a much-larger-than-needed amount of [...]
In today’s world of health trends, juicing seems to be at the forefront of the conversation. The theory? We can’t, or don’t have the time, to physically eat enough fruits and vegetables in a day to get all the wonderful, amazing nutrients that we need (or even more than need/want) for us to achieve optimal health. So, instead, [...]
As much as the FDA, the media, and many traditional medicinal outlets tell you the opposite, the HCG Diet DOES work if it is done correctly. Not only does it work, it works quickly and with great, consistent results. Most people lose 20-30 lbs in about a month and then keep it off. Plus, people [...]
There has been so much buzz about coconut oil lately that I had to look into this. We know it is great for our hair and skin but are there internal health benefits from it?Coconut oil has always been used in tropical countries as a cooking method but was disregarded in the U.S. during the [...]
Making the decision to commit to doing the HCG Diet is a major decision in itself. The next one that you have to make is to do it RIGHT. And doing the HCG Diet right can be pretty easy if you can prepare ahead of time. Here are some HCG tips to make sure [...]
Ever had a photo taken of you that makes you look like you weigh about 300 lbs more than you ACTUALLY weigh? When it happens to my brother, he calls it “looking like a rhino”…which is completely accurate, even though he doesn’t actually look like that in real life.There’s nothing like seeing that tagged photo of you come across [...]
Posted by Kate Morin It’s no secret we get a kick out of making not-so-healthy things a bit healthier. It’s also no secret we like to celebrate, and we’re fans of the occasional indulgence. Greatist's second birthday — that’s today! — is no exception. We hope you’ll celebrate the healthy way right along with us, whether [...]