Cajun Chicken Asparagus Soup (Phase 2)
Phase: Low Calorie Phase Course: Main Course, Soup
This Cajun Chicken Asparagus Soup recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 meat serving and 1 vegetable serving while on the low-calorie phase of the HCG Diet.
If you want to change things up a bit, this is definitely a different, but great way to eat chicken and asparagus. It's delicious and perfect for a day when there is a chill in the air.
The Simple Girl Hot Sauce can be purchased in our online store.
- 1/4 crushed garlic clove 1/4 tsp jarred minced garlic may be substituted.
- 1 cup water
- 100 grams skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus 1 small box frozen asparagus
- 1/2 tsp Simple Girl Hot Sauce or Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
Place crushed garlic, chicken, and water in a pot.
Simmer until chicken is cooked.
After the chicken is cooked, remove and cut it into ½ inch cubes. Let the broth in the pot.
Return the chicken into the broth.
Wash the asparagus, cut it into 1-inch pieces and add it to the broth.
Add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer for 30 more minutes.
Pour into a bowl and serve with a grissini breadstick.