Diet tips continued....
Or, start the diet now.
Top 7 HCG Tips and Tricks For Weight Loss
(Part 3 of 3)
HCG Diet Tip 6: Stay Busy
Try to stay busy on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet... That way you are not constantly looking at the clock wondering when you get to eat next or how long until your next dose of HCG.
When experiencing hunger while on HCG P2, it’s usually not that our bodies are physically hungry, but our minds are telling us that we are hungry. It's natural for your body to tell you to eat when your stomach is empty, but your stomach does not know that you are getting 1,500-4,000 calories per day released into your blood steam from the HCG hormones.
Keep your mind busy so that it doesn’t have time to think about the fact that the on the HCG VLCD your body is physically eating so little.
Do things to stay busy on the HCG Diet such as:
- Organize closets.
- Clean out kitchen or office drawers.
- Organize storage areas or basements.
- Find things you don't need any more and consider preparing for a garage sale.
- Read a good book or work on a puzzle you've been putting off.
- Watch feel-good movies or comedies to make you laugh.
- Walk around malls or department stores looking for new, skinny clothes.
- If you're a girl — paint your nails or curl your hair.
- Get creative and build or make something with your hands. If your hands are busy, your mind is usually at rest.
HCG Diet Tip 7: Check Ingredients
Check ALL the ingredients of everything you are putting into and onto your body while on HCG P2.
Make sure you check your shampoo, conditioners, lotions, hand soap, body soap, make-up, deodorant, skin creams, toothpaste, etc. for sugars, fats, and oils.
Here is DIY HCG's recommendations for hygiene products while on the HCG Diet. Some people use this list as their hygiene product shopping list:
- HCG Diet Safe Body Lotion: Baby Oil, Mineral Oil, or Tiffalina's Oil-Free Lotion
- HCG Diet Safe Face Cream: Baby Oil, Mineral Oil, or Tiffalina's Oil-Free Lotion
- HCG Diet Safe Lip Moisturizer: Baby Oil, Mineral Oil, or Tiffalina's Oil-Free Lip Moisturizer
- HCG Diet Safe Shampoo: Herbal Essences Drama Clean Shampoo or Tiffalina's Oil-Free Shampoo
- HCG Diet Safe Conditioner: Herbal Essences Drama Clean Conditioner or Tiffalina's Oil-Free Conditioner
- HCG Diet Safe Body Wash: Dial Bar Soap or Ivory Bar Soap
- HCG Diet Safe Hand Soap: Softsoap Hand Wash Aquarium Series
- HCG Diet Safe Deodorant: Crystal Deodorant Stick or Secret Flawless Clear Crystal Deodorant (Clear Gel) (Clean Powder Scent)
- HCG Diet Safe Toothpaste: Ultrabright Toothpaste or a small amount of baking soda and water for a homemade toothpaste
- IMPORTANT: If you are going to be baking for others, dealing with fatty meats, or putting ointment or other oily/moisturizing substances on someone else (for example, a baby with a diaper rash) use latex gloves.
- Remember: This is only for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet, once you are on Phase 3 of the HCG Diet, you can go back to using your regular products.
Want to read Tips for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet? This article includes General HCG Diet Tips and Phase 2 Tips.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page.