Tips for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet
We've compiled tips for the HCG Diet all on one page! Now you can get the best results using these tips and tricks below:
General HCG Diet Tips:
- Eat slowly to keep yourself from over-eating. The faster you eat, the more you eat which can cause weight gain not only during the HCG Diet, but throughout life.
- For a coffee treat safe for all phases of the HCG Diet, mix 1 tablespoon of milk (you’re allowed 1 tablespoon of milk per day) with stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla extract into your coffee…yum! Click here to see the best types of stevia.
- To stay on track, make sure you are weight in EVERY morning on all phases of the HCG Diet.
- Drink, drink, drink! Drinking water is one of the most important things to do to keep your body functioning correctly in all phases of the HCG Diet.
- Take body measurement, chest, arms, legs, belly, hips, butt, etc. Taking body measurements throughout the whole process of the HCG Diet can help you keep track of your inches lost and body reshaping.
HCG Phase 2 Tips:
- If you have leg cramps try using cell salts. The homeopathic version of cell salts is safe on the HCG Diet Protocol and will help ease muscle cramping. Click here to view the right type of cell salts.
- Once you’ve completed Phase 2, make sure to take your “after” pictures and measurements to see how far you’ve come in your weight loss journey!
- Like venison? It’s safe on the VLCD of the HCG Diet! We tested it and got good, consistent weight loss results so you can use it to mix up your meals!
- Although crab meat is allowed on the VLCD of the HCG Diet, imitation crab is not allowed on because it has too much sugar.
- Be careful with your serving sizes of onion and tomatoes because they’re higher in carbs than other vegetables.
- Try increasing your water intake to increase your weight loss! You should be drinking a bare minimum of 2 liters of water every day. Keep it up through HCG Phase 3 and the rest of your life to stay healthy.
- Avoid tanning while on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. It will make you retain water and as a result, affect your weight loss.
- Think you’re catching a cold during HCG Phase 2? Try juicing your orange from your meal for a vitamin C boost.
- Remember to take your before pictures and measurements before starting the HCG Diet. They’ll help motivate you along the way.
- Stay away from flavored coffee and tea. They’ll most likely have hidden sugars or oils that can slow weight loss.
- To get maximum weight loss, make sure you’re getting a good night’s sleep…at least 8 hours per night.
- Don’t forget: mixing veggies at mealtimes is not allowed because this will make you stall or gain on Phase 2.
- Canned tuna wasn’t allowed in Dr. Simeons’ time since it was packed in oil. Now that it’s packed in water, it’s safe for the VLCD of the HCG Diet.
- Use spices with caution on HCG P2. Check all ingredients for hidden sugars, oils, and starches (ex. maltose, orange peel, modified corn starch, etc.) that will affect HCG weight loss. Click here to see allowable diet safe spices.
- It’s best to hold off on taking any vitamins or supplements until after the VLCD of the HCG Diet since they may cause stalls in weight loss.
- DON’T CHEAT on HCG Phase 2! It can cause major weight gain which can take up to 3 days to recover.
- While on HCG Phase 2, be aware of EVERYTHING you touch. Don’t forget the “no oil” rule for touching things that contain oils or fats.
- Stay motivated in your weight loss with a ‘goal picture.’ Use an old picture of yourself or one cut from a magazine.
- Hidden sugars in food have many names. Look for words ending in –ose, -tol, -dextrose, or –dextrin and avoid them.
- Craving sweets on Phase 2? Try cutting an apple in half, sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon, and microwave for about 2 minutes.
- For a refreshing beverage, mix the juice of 1 lemon (you’re allowed the juice of 1 lemon per day) with plenty of stevia and ice water to make a delicious lemonade! Click here to see diet safe flavored stevia.
- To save time use a non-stick grill like a George Foreman for all your meats and even some of your veggies. It cooks most things in about 3 minutes!
- Cover up or stay out of the sun to avoid water retention and stalls or gains on the scale.
- A great way to maximize weight loss both on HCG Phase 2 and in life is to drink a couple cups of green tea each day.
- Constipated on the HCG Diet? It’s totally normal. Try using green tea or Smooth Move Tea for relief of constipation. Click here to learn more about Organic Smooth Move Tea.
- Dill pickles are allowed as a vegetable on the HCG Diet. Just make sure the only ingredients are cucumbers, water, vinegar, and salt.
- Remember oily makeup can cause stalling or gaining. Use oil-free, mineral powder-based makeup for best weight loss results.
- Regular lip balm or chapstick are not allowed. You may use baby oil or mineral oil.
- Try adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet each day to maximize your weight loss.
- No chewing gum or mints on the VLCD on the HCG Diet! Even if they say ‘sugar free’ they still have ingredients that can cause stalls or gains.
- No diet soda is allowed on the VLCD of the HCG Diet! Even if it says ‘sugar free’ it still has ingredients that can cause stalls or gains.
- Stay away from flavored beverages. Unless you make it yourself with stevia, it probably has bad ingredients that can affect your weight loss.
- Make sure to eat enough high-fat foods on your gorge days. If you don’t you might feel extra hungry your first week on the VLCD of the HCG Diet.
- Be careful when using ground beef on the VLCD of the HCG Diet. If it’s not lean enough, it may cause stalls or gains.
- If you have to eat on Phase 2, try ordering plain lettuce with a plain chicken breast and use lemon juice for dressing (you can bring powdered stevia packets with you too or one of our Simple Girl Seasonings).
- Some cuts of steak are better than others. The best cuts are filet mignon, flank steak, T-bone, top round, top sirloin, and tenderloin.
- Mix up your proteins as much as possible. Try and have a different protein for each meal of the day to maximize weight loss.
Now that you've read our quick tips for the HCG Diet, you may want to read the DIY HCG article called Top 7 HCG Tips and Tricks for Weight Loss. Each tip is expanded upon with a little more information.
Or, you may want to take a look at our AWESOME... and FREE recipes for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. See all our recipes here.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page.