Basil Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Phase: Low Calorie Phase Course: Salad
This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and does not count as any type of servings, so you can have unlimited quantities of this salad dressing. This recipe counts as 1 protein serving, 1 vegetable serving, and 1 fruit serving.
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder*
- ½ packet powdered stevia**
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 clove fresh garlic***
Roughly chop the garlic and basil.
Add garlic and basil into a blender or food processor.
Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until they are combined and have become a liquid consistency. You may need to add a little more water to get the dressing to your preferred thickness.
*Not all onion powders are safe. Check the ingredients and avoid anything contain sugar, starches, oils, preservatives, and words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin.
**When choosing the stevia for this recipe... many store-bought brands of stevia are stevia 'blends'. Only 'pure' stevia is recommended for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. SweetLeaf® stevia is the brand we recommend and it's allowed in any quantity. If you do not have SweetLeaf® stevia, look at the ingredients and if you see any words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin, avoid using that type of stevia during Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. ***You should always purchase fresh garlic for the best possible weight loss.
BONUS RECIPE ALERT: Need a salad recipe to use this awesome salad dressing on?
HCG Phase 2 Crunchy Chicken Salad
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1-2 stalks celery
- 2 tbsp prepared Basil Vinaigrette salad dressing or Simple Girl salad dressing
- Cook the chicken (boil, grill, bake, etc.) and let cool.
- Once cooled, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces (about ½-inch).
- Chop that apple and celery stalks into bite-sized pieces (about ½-inch).
- Toss the chicken, apple pieces and celery pieces together in a large bowl. Drizzle with salad dressing.