Go back to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 3 of 5).
Summary of the HCG Diet
(Part 4 of 5)
Exercising on HCG Diet:
- No exercise is required on the HCG Diet.
- In fact, you are discouraged from starting a new exercise routine on the HCG Diet.
- If you want to start a new exercise routine: You may start walking each day, if you would like.
- If you already have an exercise routine in place, you should be able to continue, but you may want to avoid heavy weight lifting and excessive rigorous exercise.
- To put it into perspective, Dr. Simeons suggested that his patients to “wade in the ocean” and “walk around town” as the extent of their exercise.
Massage on the HCG Diet:
- It is not recommended to get facials or body massages while on the HCG Diet unless you have them use Tiffalina's Body Lotion, mineral oil or baby oil.
Tanning on the HCG Diet:
- Indoor and Outdoor tanning are discouraged while on Phase 2 because sun exposure can cause water retention, leading to weight gain.
Notes on Phase 2 of HCG:
- Headaches: In the first week of the HCG VLCD, it is normal to have a slight headache as you are detoxing from sugars, soda, chemicals, etc. Aspirin is allowed, if you need it.
- Hunger: You may also feel slightly hungry in the beginning of the HCG Diet and a little tired up to day 5. Again, THIS IS NORMAL and will get better around day 7 when your abnormal fats stores are finally circulating enough fat to feed your body and mind.
Finishing HCG Phase 2 / HCG Exit Days
- Somewhere between 23 and 40 days on the HCG Diet (whenever you decide to stop or reach your goal weight), you do the "exit days".
- During the exit days, you stop taking the HCG drops, but continue the VLCD Diet for the last three days (72 hours) to let the HCG hormone exit your system.
- If you do NOT do complete the exit days (and skip straight to Phase 3), YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT because you'll be eating a higher calorie diet while you still potentially have the HCG hormone in your body.
Continue to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 5 of 5).