Go back to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 2 of 5).
Summary of the HCG Diet
(Part 3 of 5)
HCG Phase 2 VLCD Rules & Other Dietary Notes:
- HCG Rule #1: The juice of one lemon is allowed daily (can be used for making a lemonade drink, flavoring fish, part of a salad dressing, etc.)
- HCG Rule #2: The fruit and/or the carb serving may be eaten between meals as 'snacks' instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
- HCG Rule #3: NO MIXING of your vegetables.
- HCG Rule #4: Your vegetable serving MUST be eaten with the protein servings.
- HCG Rule #5: The only drinks allowed are unflavored tea, coffee, water, or mineral water. If you crave flavor, add SweetLeaf® stevia drops.
- HCG Rule #6: You should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day.
HCG Diet Spices:
Only the following spices are allowed on the HCG Diet:
- mustard powder
- sweet basil
- and other pure spices
- Simple Girl Lemon Herb Seasoning
- Simple Girl Steak Seasoning
- Simple Girl Sweet & Hot Louisiana Seasoning
- Simple Girl All-Purpose Seasoning
- Simple Girl Bouillon Base
- Simple Girl BBQ Seasoning
- NO pre-mixed spice combinations should be used unless you verify they are allowed by looking at the ingredient list or use the HCG Diet safe spices, listed above.
- Do not use other mixed seasonings such as Lawry’s, Mrs. Dash, etc.
- You will receive much more information on spices in the DIY HCG Loser’s Manual which is included with your order of diet drops.
Only the following sweeteners are allowed on the HCG Diet:
- SweetLeaf® stevia comes in powdered packets or liquid drops.
- The stevia liquid drops come in regular sweetener flavor (Clear) and many other tasty flavors such as Berry, Vanilla Crème, English Toffee, Chocolate, and many more which can be used in unlimited quantities.
- Brand name Sweet ‘n’ Low may also be used, but we do not recommend using this because it's an artificial sweetener.
Best Time to Start a Round of the HCG Diet:
If you are a menstruating woman, the best time to start a round is right after your cycle ends. Also, keep in mind that you want to start your two gorge days (the first two days you are on the HCG Diet weight loss drops) on days when you will have the time and ability to eat as much fatty food as you can get down. We usually recommend starting the gorge days on the weekend as this is when most people have more free time.
HCG Cosmetics and HCG Personal Care Products:
No personal care items with oils, fats, vitamins, gels, etc. should be eaten or put on the skin during the HCG Diet because they can be absorbed through your skin and metabolized just as if you had eaten them. Therefore, lotions, moisturizers, liquid make-up, lip balms, etc. should be avoided during Phase 2.
Although this is the general rule, there are some exceptions. The good news is... with a knowledgeable observance of what chemical ingredients are currently in cosmetic and personal care products... we created an oil-free personal care product line specifically for the HCG Diet for your convenience. The Tiffalina's HCG Diet Safe Personal Care Products are a must to keep you hydrated during this phase of the diet.
Pure mineral oil and baby oil can also be used to moisturize but they are very oily. The reason they are allowed are because they just sit on top of the skin are not absorbed.
To view the allowed hygiene items for the HCG Diet, check out the HCG Diet Shopping Checklist. It lays out everything you will need from the specific brand of toothpaste to the brand of deodorant to use.
Continue to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 4 of 5).