HCG Diet Lunch Foods
Each meal consists of these food 'items':
- 1 portion of lean protein (3.5 ounces/100 grams)
- 1 vegetable serving (2 cups or unlimited portion for green vegetables, 1 cup portion for onions and tomatoes)
- 1 carb serving
- 1 fruit serving
HCG Diet Protein Choices:
The meat should have all visible fat trimmed off. The meat servings need to be weighed on a kitchen scale before cooking to the exact weight of 3.5 ounces or 100 grams. While cooking, you cannot use butter, oil, or other form of fat while cooking. Boiling, baking, grilling and sautéing in a non-stick pan are the best types of cooking methods.
- Meat choices: canned albacore tuna (packed in water), shrimp, real crab (no imitation), fresh white fish (such as tilapia or cod), chicken breast (boneless, skinless), ground beef (7% fat or less), steak (such as t-bone, filet mignon, lean sirloin), and veal.
NOT Allowed Proteins
- Commonly people will assume you can have pickled or dried fish, herring, fresh tuna, tuna packed in oil, canned light tuna, eel, or salmon.
HCG Diet Vegetable Choices:
- They may be consumed raw or cooked. If cooked, you cannot use butter, oil, or other form of fat while cooking. Steaming, baking, grilling and sautéing in a non-stick pan are the best types of cooking methods. One type of vegetable can be eaten per meal.
- The following are the vegetable choices: spinach, Swiss chard, chicory, beet-greens, tomatoes, lettuce (such as iceberg and romaine), celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, green asparagus, and green cabbage.
HCG Diet Fruit Choices:
- 1 apple
- 5-6 strawberries (A handful is used as the measurement in Dr. Simeons' manuscript.)
- ½ of a grapefruit
- 1 orange
HCG Diet Carb Choices:
- 1 Grissini Breadstick
- 1 Melba toast (the following flavors are allowed: original, sea salt, roasted garlic, whole grain)
- 2 Melba “snacks” (the following flavors are allowed: original, sea salt, roasted garlic, whole grain)
Other Foods for Lunch:
- 1 tablespoon of freshly-squeezed lemon juice (per day)
- Plain, yellow mustard
- Simple Girl Salad Dressings: You can use these as a salad dressing or a marinade for dipping your raw veggies.
- Simple Girl Carolina Kick BBQ Sauce & Southern Blend BBQ Sauce: These sauces can be used as a salad dressing or a marinade for dipping your raw veggies or meats.
- Simple Girl Hot Sauce: You can use this sauce in cooking or as a marinade for dipping your chicken or other meats.
- Allowed Stevia Sweeteners: You can make a 'mock soda' or fruity lemonade to go along with your meal.
- Simple Girl Seasonings & Spices: Use these to amp up the flavors for an otherwise boring meal.