HCG Phase 2 Additional Foods
Additional Foods Allowed on HCG Diet Phase 2:
- Lemon Juice: You can have the juice of one lemon per day while on Phase 2. Many dieters use their allotted amount of lemon juice in hot tea to make a diet safe lemonade drink, to squeeze over fish before baking, or as part of a homemade salad dressing. Remember, do not use the rind of the lemon or any lemon zest because lemon peels contain natural oil that can cause slower weight loss or stalls.
- Milk: You may have 1 tablespoon of 2% milk per day. Most people use it as 'cream' in coffee or tea. You may also substitute the 2% milk with other types of milk as long as it does not contain a high-fat content or any sweeteners. For instance, you may use unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened soy milk, unsweetened rice milk, etc. But... you may not use 4% milk, sweetened almond milk, sweetened soy milk, sweetened rice milk, etc.
- Vinegar: Most plain types of vinegar are allowed on the HCG Diet, such as apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, etc. Shy away from sweeter vinegar, such as balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar, which can slow your weight loss. Also avoid flavored vinegar and 'vinegar condiments', they're usually located next to the regular vinegar in the grocery store but can contain sugar and other 'bad' ingredients.
- Condiments: Most condiments are not allowed, but there are a few exceptions. Plain yellow mustard, cayenne pepper hot sauce, and Braggs amino acid soy sauce alternative are all products that may be used if you look at the ingredients and find an 'approved' brand. Just look over the ingredients and find a brand without oils, starches, preservatives, sugars, words ending in -ose, -tol, -dextrin, etc.
- Cooking Oil: You may not use oils, butter, cooking spray or similar while cooking your foods. Most dieters will purchase a non-stick, counter-top grill (such as a George Foreman) to avoid the need for cooking oils. For reheating cold meats or sautéing fresh vegetables, use a non-stick pan and add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of the pan to help keep the food from sticking.
- Spices & Seasonings: Most 'base' spices are fine, such as salt, pepper, basil (fresh or dried), parsley (fresh or dried), oregano, mustard powder, garlic, rosemary, thyme, chili powder, and most other NATURAL spices. Be careful when using spice blends from the grocery store that have added sugars or starches. Look at the ingredients of any seasoning mixes before you use it, avoid oils, starches, some preservatives, sugars, words ending in -ose, -tol, -dextrin, etc. To take the guess work out of seasonings for the HCG Diet, use Simple Girl seasonings. Sweetened with stevia, they were specifically formulated for use on the HCG Diet.
- Drinks: Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be consumed in any quantity whenever you like. Read more on each topic below…
- Tea: Most plain types of tea are allowed, including unflavored green tea, white tea, black tea, earl grey, etc. Avoid most flavored teas because they may have ingredients that can slow or stall weight loss such as un-allowed types of fruit peels, extracts, artificial additives, un-allowed herbal ingredients, etc. If you want to flavor your tea, you can use SweetLeaf® stevia drops. Lemon drop stevia, peppermint stevia, and berry stevia are the most popular flavors used to flavor tea. See these types of stevia here. You may have tea in unlimited quantities, but remember to drink a lot of water.
- Coffee: Plain, black coffee is allowed but avoid flavored coffees, including most k-cups as they usually have artificial flavorings that can slow or stall your weight loss. If you want flavored coffee, you can use SweetLeaf® flavored stevia drops. The most popular flavors for coffee are chocolate stevia, English toffee stevia, and hazelnut stevia. See these types of stevia here. You may use one 1 tablespoon of milk daily to flavor your coffee. You may have coffee in unlimited quantities, but know that coffee is not a replacement for water, so make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Water: You may have plain water or mineral water. Make sure to drink at least 2 liters of water per day to have maximum weight loss. Avoid pre-bottled flavored or sweetened water. If you want flavored water you can use flavored SweetLeaf® stevia drops. The most popular flavored stevia drops for water are ‘soda’ flavored (root bear stevia, cola stevia, Valencia orange stevia, or grape stevia). See these types of stevia here. You may also have plain, unsweetened carbonated water to make mock ‘soda’ or carbonated lemonades.
- Stevia: There are only a few brands of stevia sweeteners allowed. Most of the newer brands of stevia on the market today, are stevia ‘blends’ and contain other sweeteners such as dextrose, maltodextin, or other words ending in -ose, -tol, -dextrin. Check the ingredients of your stevia before purchase or use. See SweetLeaf® stevia drops in powder packets and liquid here.
- Snacking: You can ‘move’ some of your foods around as snacks in case you are hungry. You may eat your fruit and ‘carb’ servings anytime throughout the day. The meat and vegetables must stay at lunch and dinner time. If you are going to snack, make sure you subtract the fruit(s) or carb(s) away from your meal…don’t double-up.
We hope this article helped you learn what foods are allowed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the HCG Diet. If you are ready to purchase foods, just click below to get shopping!