20 Daily Affirmations to Boost Your Confidence
What if you could get back your confidence by spending five minutes each morning repeating a few key phrases to yourself?
Many people underestimate the power of affirmations. Simply put, affirmations are positive statements that can help you overcome negative self-talk and beliefs. When you repeat these statements to yourself on a daily basis, you can begin to believe them and see major changes in your life.
Affirmations work by influencing your subconscious thoughts. The human brain is most likely to believe the things it hears most often. Consequently, by repeating an encouraging phrase to yourself each morning, you can slowly make yourself believe it.
Think of your brain as just another muscle. When we want to make our arms or legs stronger, we work them out daily by doing the same reliable exercises. Affirmations work similarly. By repeating some key affirmations each day, you are working out your brain.
Choose affirmations that resonate with you, and repeat them to yourself each morning before you brush your teeth. You might also try setting some as phone notifications to remind yourself of them throughout the day, or write them on post-it notes to be stuck to your laptop, your mirror, or anywhere else where you frequently find yourself feeling negative about yourself.
Not sure where to start? Here are 20 daily affirmations that will help boost your confidence.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I will keep what I want MOST in the forefront of my mind rather than what I want at the moment.
- I am doing what it takes to feel better physically and mentally.
- I am confident, and I can handle whatever comes my way.
- I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
- I am grateful for everything I have in my life right now.
- I am strong and resilient.
- I can overcome the problems I face.
- I am proud of myself.
- I'm good at what I do.
- People enjoy my company.
- I trust my ability to make the right decisions.
- My confidence is growing every day.
- I love myself.
- I can change my life for the better.
- I am optimistic about my future.
- I deserve respect.
- I'm happy with who I am.
- I am confident.
Choose one or two affirmations and speak them out loud every day. This might feel silly at first, but as you continue to say your daily affirmations, you will feel more conviction in your words. As each day goes by, you should feel your confidence in yourself beginning to grow -- and the power of your affirmations blossoming.