Go back to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 1 of 5).
HCG VLCD Days:
This part of the HCG Diet is also called the very low calorie diet (VLCD for short) phase and starts on day 3 and goes to a minimum or 23 days or a maximum 40 days. During those days you'll be taking your HCG Diet weight loss drops and eating 500 calories a day of a very specific food list. Read the VERY specific HCG Diet food plan below. You must strictly follow the below food plan to ensure you achieve maximum weight loss/
HCG VLCD Food List:
You can have this food and ONLY this food while on phase 2, NO substitutions. It also important you prepare your own HCG food or give this information to who will actually cooking the HCG Diet meals. The way foods are prepared on the HCG Diet are very important such as fat must be trimmed, no oil can be used, certain spices cannot be used, etc.
HCG Diet Breakfast
- Unlimited amounts of HCG Diet approved plain, black coffee or plain tea
- This must be drank without the use of sugar or creamer.
- One tablespoonful of 2% milk allowed in 24 hours. (You can choose to use it as coffee creamer).
- They can only be sweetened with HCG Diet approved sweeteners (such as saccharin or HCG allowed stevia). Stevia is all natural, so it gets our vote!
- There is a way to have a fruit or carb for breakfast (you can selectively split up your meals, but we will tell you more about that later).
HCG Diet Lunch
- HCG Diet Meat Options:
- lean steak
- extra lean ground beef
- chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- fresh white fish
- canned albacore tuna* (*We have found through working with thousands of clients that canned tuna packed in water is okay for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. We believe that Dr. Simeons said tuna was not allowed on the HCG Diet because in the 50’s tuna was only packed in oil).
- All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking. The meat must be weighed to exactly 3.5 oz (100 grams) raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna packed in oil, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
- HCG Diet Vegetable Options:
- green salad
- tomatoes (may use approved tomato sauces)
- red radishes
- HCG Diet ‘Carb’ Options:
- HCG Diet Fruit Options:
- handful of strawberries (5-6 medium strawberries)
- 1/2 grapefruit
- HCG Diet Condiment Options:
- Simple Girl HCG Diet Safe Salad Dressings
- Simple Girl HCG Diet Safe Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
- Simple Girl HCG Diet Safe Hot Sauce
- Plain mustard
- Plain unflavored vinegar
HCG Diet Dinner:
- The same four choices as the lunch menu listed above.
Continue to Summary of the HCG Diet (Part 3 of 5).