HCG Diet Phase 2: Chicken Celery Soup
This HCG Phase 2 recipe counts as 1 protein serving and 1 vegetable serving and would be good to use if you are getting sick.
This recipe is made with our Homemade Chicken Broth (see recipe here).
- 2 cups of Homemade Chicken Broth* or water
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced**
- 2 cups of celery
- ½ tsp poultry spice blend***
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 grissini breadstick
- Place the chicken broth or water in a medium-sized pot on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Add all the above spices: poultry blend spice, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper to the pot of chicken broth.
- Allow the chicken broth to come to a boil.
- In the meantime, cut any visible fat off the chicken breast.
- Add the chicken breast into the boiling broth (or water).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from pot and let cool.
- Once the chicken breast is cooled, cut it into bite-sized pieces (about ½-inch cubes).
- Dice the celery into small bite-sized pieces and add to the pot.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pot.
- Return the chopped chicken pieces to the pot, cover with lid and turn the temperature down to low.
- Cook this soup on low heat for 20 minutes until the celery is tender.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
- Season with a little more sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Serve with a grissini breadstick. Enjoy!
This is the perfect recipe for make-ahead meals while on the HCG Diet. Simply multiply the ingredients by as many servings as you want to make, cook the recipe in bulk, let cool, and then add to individual serving size dishes, cover with lids, and place in the fridge. If you are going to do this, make sure the chicken breast pieces are evenly distributed to ensure each portion contains a 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving of protein.
*If you do not have any of the chicken broth made, you may substitute water. Do not use store-bought chicken broth or bouillon cubes as they usually contain sugar and other ingredients that are not allowed and could slow or stall your weight loss.
**You should always mince fresh garlic rather than using pre-minced garlic from the grocery store. Most pre-minced garlic contain preservatives. Be on the safe side... mince your own fresh garlic cloves for the best possible weight loss.
***If you do not have any poultry spice blend; poultry blend seasoning usually contains spices such as ground sage, ground thyme, ground marjoram, ground rosemary, ground nutmeg, and finely ground black pepper. So, feel free to add any of those spices to your soup recipe but be sure to check the ingredients and avoid anything containing sugar, starches, oils, preservatives, and words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin.