HCG Maintenance Snack Ideas
When going from the very limited Phase 2 of the HCG Diet to Phase 3 of the HCG Diet, it can be scary to know what to eat, especially if it's your first HCG round.
You should be avoiding sugars and starches until your body can safely handle them. The rules for HCG Maintenance explain that during the first 3 weeks of maintenance you cannot have any sugars and starches. In the 2nd 3 weeks of maintenance you may slowly start adding in sugars and starches.
When picking your snacks for Phase 3 of the HCG Diet you will need to look at several different aspects of the foods nutritional value in order to determine if it's safe as a HCG Maintenance snack. Foods that qualify as HCG Phase 3 snacks meet the following requirements.
Requirements for HCG Maintenance Snacks:
- Carbs: 20 or less grams
- Sugar: 10 or less grams
- Protein: 4 or more grams
Did you know? Protein is crucial during Phase 3 of the HCG Diet. Foods that are high in protein can help keep your weight low and waist thin! We recommend having snacks between your regular meals while on HCG P3, it is best for those snacks to be high in protein.
Below is our HCG Maintenance Snack List. These are just recommendations for snacks for HCG Phase 3, you are not limited to these snacks only... just use the above guide, example below, and sensibility to determine your own favorite HCG Maintenance snacks.
HCG Diet Maintenance Snack List:
- Trail Mix (Avoid ones with chocolate and dried fruits)
- Cottage Cheese with cinnamon/stevia mixture
- Apple & Peanut Butter
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs
- Almonds (nuts are cautionary for maintenance, introduce slowly)
- Grilled Chicken Strips
- Raw Vegetables dipped in Ranch (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers)
- String Cheese (cheese is cautionary for maintenance, introduce slowly)
- Beef Jerky (without sugar, avoid such as Teriyaki or BBQ)
- Canned Tuna
- Pieces of Fruit (avoid sweeter fruits, no grapes, bananas, melons)
- Protein Bars (within P3 guidelines)
- Cottage Cheese with fresh fruit (avoid sweeter fruits, no grapes, bananas, melons)
- Pork Rinds
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- Anything made with Miracle Noodles
- Sugar-Free Jello with Fruit
- Celery with Peanut Butter
- Fruit Salad topped with stevia (avoid sweeter fruits, no grapes, bananas, melons)
- Sugar-Free, Fat-Free Pudding
- Low-Sodium Lean Deli Meat
- Cheese & Veggie Omelet (cheese is cautionary for maintenance, introduce slowly)
If you want more HCG P3 snack ideas you can get an extensive list of about 1,000 foods, drinks, condiments, etc. including when you can/cannot eat them on the HCG Diet. This food list along with detailed information on the HCG Diet is available in the HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide by Linda Prinster.
We hoped you like reading our HCG Phase 3 snack list. If you liked this article, you may also want to look at our free recipes for Phase 3 of the HCG Diet! We have delicious HCG maintenance recipes ranging from breakfast to dessert, see them here.
Go Back to the HCG Phase 3 Information Page.