HCG Diet Plateau Breakers
Weight loss on the HCG Diet is usually pretty fast... until you hit a stall or plateau.
A stall on the HCG Diet is considered 4-6 days of no weight loss. A stall can last up to 10 days, but are typically 4-6 days. Nip a stall in the bud by completing one of the two allowed HCG Diet stall breaker days.
Dr. Simeons' said “Plateaus do occur at times on the HCG Diet, even when the diet is being followed perfectly”. in his official manuscript (download Dr. Simeons' manuscript here).
While HCG plateaus are very frustrating, they will eventually break on their own, but may take up to 10 days. No need to 'wait it out', there are strategies to break stalls on the diet sooner, rather than later. The two most common stall breaking strategies are... an apple day or a mini-steak day.
HCG Diet Stall Breaker #1: Apple Day
- Do not drink any liquids all day (except for extreme thirst), not even water.
- Starting at lunch time, you may eat up to 6 apples from lunch time until midnight.
- Any color or type of apple is allowed, organic is preferred.
- Only minimal amounts of water are allowed, such as to take medication or to quench extreme thirst.
- No other food or liquid is allowed on an HCG Diet apple day.
- The whole idea of an HCG apple day is to rid your body of un-needed water. The apples act as a natural diuretic, please remember to avoid drinking any water, tea, or coffee. Only drink water if needed for medication or to satisfy thirst.
HCG Diet Stall Breaker #2: Mini Steak Day
- Drink ample amounts of allowable HCG Diet drinks all day (plain coffee, tea, and water).
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water on a HCG Diet mini steak day, to help flush your system.
- No food for breakfast or lunch.
- For dinner have a 3.5 oz. lean steak with 1 raw apple or 1 medium size, raw tomato (not both).
- Do not eat more than 3.5 ounces of steak, some people confuse a HCG Diet "Mini Steak Day" with a HCG Maintenance "Steak Day".
Keep in mind that people are different, what works best for one person does NOT necessarily work best for another person. Try to break your stall with one of the allowed stall breaking methods (above) before trying anything else.
Once you complete one of the above HCG Diet stall breakers, you should see faster weight loss. If not, you may want to try the other stall breaker.
For women... stalls on the HCG Diet that occur around your time of ovulation or time of menstruation are normal and may not 'break' with the plateau breakers above. These types of stalls on the diet are usually caused by hormonal spikes because of your 'time of the month' and will usually regulate once you're done menstruating or ovulating.
If you have tried HCG Diet stall breakers with no avail, please contact us and speak with one of our HCG Diet expert customer service representatives to see if you are doing anything wrong.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page.