Go Back to the HCG Diet Phase 3 Summary (Part 2 of 4).
HCG Diet Phase 3 Summary
(Part 3 of 4)
The 2nd 3 weeks of HCG Maintenance: S-L-O-W-L-Y add Sugars & Starches
- Slowly, very slowly, add back sugars & starches during the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3... Did we say slowly?
- It's best to start adding in natural sugars and starches first, such as higher sugar fruits and starchier vegetables.
- After adding in the more 'natural' sugars and starches you can eventually reintroduce foods like whole wheat bread, pasta, table sugar, desserts, etc.)
- The time is takes to reintroduce these foods varies from person to person because your body needs time to adjust and re-learn how to process and handle those certain foods without gaining weight.
- Protein is still an important aspect in this part of the HCG Diet. Have protein at every meal and try to incorporate protein into snacks as much as possible.
- Good foods during the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG Maintenance are:
- All the foods listed in the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Maintenance with a little more leniency.
- Any fruits (including high-sugar fruits: bananas, melons, etc.)
- Any veggies (including high-carb veggies: potatoes, yams, corn, etc.)
- A little more dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, etc.)
- Lots of salads (with any type of dressing)
- A little more nuts
- A little more peanut butter (Want lower calories? Use powdered peanut butter, see more here)
- Low carb/high fiber cereals (Kashi, Grape-Nuts, etc.)
- Protein Bars (see more here)
- Protein Shakes (see more here)
- Your other favorite sugars and starches in very small portions and only one or so a day as the scale allows.
- For ideas and recipes for HCG Phase 3, check out the Over 201 Worry-Free HCG Maintenance Recipes Cookbook.
Continue to Read HCG Diet Phase 3 Summary (Part 4 of 4).