Fighting Bad Breath on the HCG Diet
Bad breath is a common issue on the HCG Diet... learn the best way to fight bad breath without effecting your weight loss results...
While the HCG Diet is an amazing weight loss program, it does have a common issue of leading to bad breath.
Bad breath on the HCG Diet could be caused by several different things. Such as the detoxification aspect of the HCG Diet. You may notice your sweat, body odor, or breath smelling differently because as you lose weight your body may be excreting toxins from previously stored fats.
The meal plan of the HCG Diet doesn’t really help with a case of bad breath… onions, fish, shrimp, and garlic... you can see how those types of foods really don’t help.
As you probably know, the use of chewing gum and breath mints are not allowed on the HCG Diet. Not even sugar-free, calorie-free gum or sugar-free mints are allowed because the preservatives, chemicals, and artificial sweeteners can cause slow or stalled weight loss and they can alter the ‘reset’ aspect of the HCG Diet because of the mass amount of fake and ‘bad-for-you’ ingredients.
Here are some HCG Diet tips to help alleviate and/or mask the sometimes-unpleasant symptom of bad breath on the HCG Diet:
- Drink PLENTY of water while on HCG P2 (at least 2-3 liters/day). Water helps constantly flush out your mouth, which can help remove food odors or dilute odors in your saliva.
- Add Peppermint Stevia to your drinks. Peppermint stevia is allowed on HCG P2 because it’s all-natural and contains no calories. Try to add a few drops to hot water or tea for a refreshing, minty drink that may help clear up any unpleasant breath.
- Rinse out your mouth with plain (clear) Listerine brand mouth wash. Do not swallow. We do not recommend using any of the flavored mouth washes as they may contain artificial sweeteners, artificial dyes, and other ingredients that could slow or stall weight loss.
- Brush your teeth throughout the day. Especially upon waking and after a meal. Remember not to brush your teeth within 30 minutes before or after taking your HCG drops.
- Place 1-2 drops of HCG Diet safe Peppermint Stevia directly on your tongue. It tastes and smells like a mint, but doesn’t contain the non-approved ingredients that mints do.
- Again, drink lots of water! This is one of the biggest helps for fighting nasty breath on the HCG Diet… so drink up!
Want more HCG Diet tips for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet? Read below and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it...
- Eat slower. The slower you eat, the more time your body has time to react to the food in your belly, telling your brain you are full quicker.
- You're allowed one tablespoon a milk during a day. If you're not a big fan of dairy milk, you're allowed to use other types of milk such as soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc. BUT, make sure they are unsweetened and not more than 2% fat.
- Take measurements of your body along the way... it will help keep you motivated by seeing the number of inches you lose each week. Most people measure neck, bust, waist, large spot on your belly, butt, each bicep, and each thigh.
- Are you a hunter? Lean deer meat is allowed on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet!
- Avoid indoor or outdoor sun exposure. Tanning can cause water retention and stalls/slows weight loss.
- Do not use flavored coffee while on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet, it can slow or stall your weight loss. Use plain coffee and if you want flavoring, add HCG Diet safe flavored stevia drops. Hazelnut and English Toffee stevia are great popular flavors to try in your coffee.
- Sleep! Aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page.