7 Steps for Glowing Skin
How do you create the effect of skin that glows from the inside-out? Sometimes facial skin can look dull, dry, and lifeless. But there are ways to perk up your skin and tease out that beautiful illumination. It's a multi-step process, but the steps aren't complicated. Here are seven steps to glowing skin.
- Use a gentle cleanser every day. Your skin can't glow if you have oil and dirt clogging your pores. Clean your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser made for that purpose. Regular body or hand soap is too harsh for your sensitive face. Avoid over-use of anti-acne products as these can dry out your skin. If you start to see flaking, cut back on the chemicals.
- Hydrate well. Your skin needs lots of hydration to look pretty and plump. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water each day and eating juicy foods. Also, use a moisturizer as part of your skincare routine. If you are prone to break-outs, choose a moisturizer made for oily skin.
- Get enough vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great nutrient for your complexion, so be sure you are getting plenty of it in your diet. There are many foods high in vitamin C including citrus fruits, broccoli, and even chili peppers. Keep in mind extra vitamin C isn't stored in your body, so you have to eat these foods consistently to get the benefits. You can also try a vitamin C serum to be sure the nutrient is going directly to your skin.
- Exercise often. Exercise gets your blood pumping harder through your body, causing color to appear on the surface of your skin. The result is exactly the type of glow that makes your facial skin look healthy and gorgeous. Exercising every day will keep the blood flowing and result in a permanent rosy blush.
- Use a sheet mask. A sheet mask isn't for cleansing your skin. It's for hydrating and detoxifying instead. Using one of these masks is like treating yourself to a mini-spa moment; it can be relaxing to your whole body as well as your face.
- Mix in glow drops. Liquid highlighter can be mixed into skin products like moisturizer and foundation. The drops reflect the light and make skin appear more radiant.
- Finish with a powder highlighter. Brush a powder highlighter over your makeup to create a final layer of light. When you use two forms of highlighter, like drops and powder; the result is a multi-dimensional glow.
A combination of effective skin-care products, the right makeup, and healthy lifestyle choices is the perfect recipe for beautiful, radiant skin. Follow these seven steps for a complexion that will have people commenting on your healthy glow.