The Final Phase of the HCG Diet
Congrats on your success if you are in this final phase of the HCG diet! You did it! The final phase, otherwise known as the “Maintenance Phase - Rest of Your Life” is when you’ve lost all the weight you would like to lose and have firmly established a new weight set-point to maintain so you won’t have to go back to the restricted diet anymore. No more “rounds” of the diet are needed! You should be ready to move forward with your new normal, healthier life.
Guidelines for Final Phase of the HCG Diet
Below is a guideline we have found to be simple, direct, and effective in maintaining overall health.
- Take a multi-mineral/multi-vitamin daily.
- Use a probiotic/digestive enzyme daily (preferably plant-based).
- Include Amino Acids such as fish oil or flaxseed oil daily.
- Include live food—uncooked, live fruit and/or vegetables and natural organic protein (preferably not injected with hormones or antibiotics)—at every meal.
- Drink lots of pure water.
- Eat real food, lean meat, fish, colored vegetables, and fresh fruits—without chemicals if possible.
- Eat healthy fats like almonds and coconut oil.
- Get a good night’s sleep (7-8 hours).
- Reduce stress.
- Exercise consistently 5 times per week. Try going for a walk or riding a bike on a beautiful trail in your neighborhood and invite a friend to join you.
- Do something you love to do like sew, paint, read, etc.
- Volunteer an hour or two of your time once a week or once a month. You’ll find great satisfaction and purpose in life when you help others.
- Spend quality time with your family and friends.
- Shop for healthy treats and sugar-free options here.
Complete Phase 4
After completing the HCG Diet Protocol, many participants are actively looking for specific ideas for more dramatic changes as they work towards living a heathier lifestyle. Kevin Trudeau added a phase to the diet in his book, The Weight Loss Cure “They” Don’t Want You to Know About”. As with Phase 1, Phase 4, the “Lifetime Maintenance” phase is not from Dr. Simeons’ manuscript and, again, it is more widely focused to include advice for optimal health rather than purely weight loss/maintenance. After losing your excess weight, this wider focus is certainly appropriate. Trudeau has approximately 50 steps to follow including eating only 100% organic foods along with many teas, performing various cleanses, etc. He has many other ideas worth considering, incorporating all of them could be overwhelming. We encourage you to pick and choose what’s right for you.
In any case, these tips may give you the determination needed to not only maintain your weight loss and eat like a normal, healthy person but they will help you live a happy and full life without fear of gaining the weight back.