10 Healthy Ideas for Dinner
It's the end of the day, and you just want to eat some food and fall asleep. But what better way to finish strong than with these ten healthy ideas for dinner? Here are 10 healthy dinner ideas. This way, not only will you help out your taste buds with a tasty meal, but you'll also be able to rest easy knowing you're staying healthy.
10 Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Salmon. As usual, salmon is always a good pick for any meal (except maybe breakfast). It provides essential proteins which your body needs to build muscle and keep its cells running. Those omega-3 fatty acids will also keep your heart strong and healthy and make salmon an especially tantalizing choice for dinner.
- Edamame. This protein-filled Japanese soybean dish is a great pick if you want a break from salmon or just don't have the time to get a fish cooked. Rich in vitamin K and folate, edamame can be steamed with the help of a microwave and spiced up with some seasoning and toppings.
- Avocado and Chicken Salad. This magical combo will get you everything you need for a filling and delicious meal. The chicken provides the protein you need for basically every task in your body, and the avocado gives you all those healthy fats. The vitamin K and E, along with the potassium and folate will top off this perfect team of foods.
- Tomatoes. Hands down, this is one of the best sides you can prepare. And it's super easy! Tomatoes contain a red carotenoid pigment which is linked to a lower risk of heart attacks. They're also full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, E, B, and K. And that's not even counting the calcium and magnesium.
- Beets. Here's another superfood. Beets contain both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, as well as a ton of other nutrients. The fiber helps out your digestive health, while lutein helps to keep your vision in tip top shape.
- Broccoli. Keep those vegetables coming! This is definitely a great pick out of these ten healthy ideas for dinner. Not only is broccoli low in calories, it is full of vitamins B, C, and K. Plus, it's also got iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Try these sugar-free dressings!
- Cherries. Since it is dinner, cherries might be a good snack to have along with your last meal of the day. This fruit is one of the few natural sources of melatonin, the hormone your body needs for a good night's sleep.
- Grass-fed Beef. Grass-fed beef is a perfect option if you're looking for some "fine home" dining. Filled with protein, this beef should get you full and in a better mood. Protein also stabilizes your blood sugar, which should help you fall asleep.
- Shirataki Noodles. This Japanese noodle dish made of konjac yam contains glucomannan. This substance helps reduce blood sugar levels in your blood, keeping your body at a stable state. Shirataki noodles are also filled with more than sixteen amino acids, which makes it a perfect healthy meal.
- Cheese. You might also want to sprinkle some cheese on top of those shirataki noodles, since cheese contains potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Calcium actually aids your body with melatonin production, meaning that cheese can help you get your beauty sleep.
There's your list of ten healthy ideas for dinner. If you're feeling especially creative, combine some of them or put your own spin on a dish. Have fun!