Go Back to the HCG Diet Phase 3 Summary (Part 2 of 4)
The 2nd 3 weeks of HCG Maintenance: S-L-O-W-L-Y add Sugars & Starches
Slowly, very slowly, add back sugars & starches during the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG phase 3... Did we say slowly?
It's best to start adding in natural sugars and starches first, such as higher sugar fruits and starchier vegetables.
After adding in the more 'natural' sugars and starches you can eventually reintroduce foods like whole wheat bread, pasta, table sugar, desserts, etc.)
- The time is takes to reintroduce these foods varies from person to person because your body needs time to adjust and re-learn how to process and handle those certain foods without gaining weight.
- Protein is still an important aspect in this part of the HCG diet, have protein at every meal and try to incorporate protein into snacks as much as possible.
- Good foods during the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG maintenance are:
- All the foods listed in the 1st 3 weeks of HCG maintenance with a little more leniency.
- Any fruits (including high-sugar fruits: bananas, melons, etc.)
- Any veggies (including high-carb veggies: potatoes, yams, corn, etc.)
- A little more dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, etc.)
- Lots of salads (with any type of dressing)
- A little more nuts
- A little more peanut butter (want lower calories, use powdered peanut butter, see more here)
- Low carb/high fiber cereals (Kashi, GrapeNut, etc.)
- Protein Bars (see more here)
- Protein Shakes (see more here)
- Your other favorite sugars and starches in very small portions and only one or so a day as the scale allows.
- For ideas and recipes for HCG phase 3, check out the Over 201 Worry Free HCG Maintenance Cookbook. Learn more here.
Continue to Read HCG Diet Phase 3 Summary (Part 4 of 4)