HCG Maintenance Recipe HCG P3 Scotch Eggs
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 4-6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- ¼ cup flour*
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs*
- 4 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the breakfast sausage into 4 or 6 portions (depending on how many eggs you have and how thick you want the sausage layer to be).
- Flatten the portions into patties and carefully wrap each egg fully.
- Roll the resulting balls in flour, then in egg wash, then in panko crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, turn down to medium-low and place sausage-covered eggs in oil.
- Brown all sides and transfer to wire rack on a cookie tray.
- Place tray in the oven for 20-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausage layer. If you divided the pound of sausage onto 6 eggs, 20 minutes should be plenty.
- Serve warm or let cool completely before storing in the fridge.
*Yes, these items are risky to use in the first 3 weeks of maintenance, however, on one Scotch Egg there is maybe a teaspoon of flour and a tablespoon of panko, this is probably equivalent to 1 Grissini breadstick, so I don’t think it should be a problem unless you eat all 6 eggs in one day. They’re really good, but that would just be crazy.
Click here to go to the rest of the DIY HCG Recipes for Maintenance.