HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Chicken Salad with Cranberries & Celery
This HCG maintenance recipe includes mayo, which is considered a cautionary food during the first 3 weeks of HCG maintenance, so be careful not to eat too much in one day and monitor with morning weigh-ins to see if it affects you. This recipe is perfectly fine for the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG maintenance.
What people have said about this HCG Diet Phase 3 recipe...
"I love the tartness of the cranberries. It makes the usually boring boiled chicken breast taste good!"
"The creamy texture is not something you really get while dieting, I love it!"
"Perfect for a quick dinner, and then leftovers for lunch."
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 6 celery stalks
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered stevia
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- If you do not have any left-over boneless skinless chicken breasts, pre-cook chicken with any method you choose, boiling is usually easiest. Let cool completely before making this recipe.
- Dice the cooked (and cooled) chicken breast into ½-inch pieces.
- Chop the celery across the bias into small moon shapes.
- Chop the water chestnuts (if you bought whole).
- Combine the diced chicken, celery pieces, water chestnuts, and cranberries into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar with a whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sweetener and stir.
- Add celery seed and green onions and stir.
- Pour the mayonnaise spice mixture over the chicken mixture and stir until everything is thoroughly coated.
- For best results, chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. This recipe is perfect for work lunches or as a make-ahead meal for busy nights.