HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Mixed Vegetable Succotash
Enjoy this recipe during the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG maintenance. This recipe is NOT allowed for the 1st 3 weeks of the HCG maintenance phase because corn is considered a starch.
Enjoy this as a side dish or main meal while on HCG maintenance and beyond. This recipe makes it easy to eat the recommended daily amount of vegetables need for optimal health. The beans in this dish provide the needed protein in your meal. It may also be used as a vegetarian option by simply adding another type of bean to add even more protein!
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 1 cup broccoli pieces, fresh or frozen
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup green lima beans, canned
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Partially thaw the corn or broccoli, if frozen. Simply rinse the frozen vegetables in a colander under warm water for a few minutes to help thaw. If you're using fresh or canned, skip this step.
- Combine the canned tomatoes (with the juice), onion power, and garlic powder in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Stir ingredients together well. Heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, corn, and green lima beans.
- Stir ingredients together well.
- Cover and let cook for about 4-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat. Let cool for about 1 minute.
- Place contents in serving dish, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy while warm. This dish also tastes good cold.
This recipe makes about 3-4 servings as a side dish and 2 servings as a main-vegetarian dish. Cover leftovers in an air tight container, and refrigerate.