HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Vegetable Chili
This recipe is safe for the first 3 weeks of maintenance, assuming you use no-sugar added tomato sauce. This is a perfect make-ahead recipe for work lunches or busy nights.
Warm up your soup pots for this super yummy HCG Phase 3 Vegetable Chili recipe which is packed with healthy veggies!
- 16 oz lean ground beef (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, orange or yellow)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fired roasted tomatoes (or any other type of chili-style tomatoes)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can plain, no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 can chili beans, undrained
- ½ cup mushrooms
- Peel and chop the onion into ½-inch pieces.
- Split, remove seeds, and chop the bell pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and chop the carrots into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and mince fresh garlic (You may use store-bought minced garlic for HCG Phase 3.)
- Chop the mushroom and set aside (The mushrooms are added last.)
- Place a medium-size non-stick skillet on the stove over medium-high heat, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Once the skillet is warm, add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, carrots, and garlic.
- Use a spatula to continuously break the lean ground beef into smaller pieces.
- Place the pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add the undrained beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture has reached boiling, cover with lid and reduce heat to low.
- Let cook for about 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking for about 6-7 minutes or until all the meat is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Transfer the cooked meat and veggie to a large pot.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot. Stir well.
- Cover and allow to heat for another 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and enjoy.
Omit ground beef for Vegetarian Vegetable Chili.
Feel free to top with a little shredded cheese or a dollop of Greek yogurt for added creaminess.
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings. Store any leftovers in containers with lids and place in the fridge.