HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Turkey Meatballs with Green Beans
This recipe is safe for the first 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3.
A perfect HCG maintenance meal... high in protein with a good veggie on the side!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey (preferably only breast meat)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ green bell pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups fresh, raw green beans
- Chop onions and green bell pepper.
- Mince garlic and parsley.
- Add turkey meat, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix together, we've found it's easiest to do with your hands.
- To make the meatballs, roll smalls portions of meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll together tightly to avoid falling apart during the cooking process.
- Place the meatballs on a wire cooking rack over a cookie sheet. (Tip: line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.
- Always cut one of the meatballs in half to check for doneness.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the steamed green beans, slice off the rough ends and place them in a large shallow skillet with about 1 cup of water, just enough to cover the green beans.
- Cover with lid and heat on high until green beans are soft or slightly crunchy depending on your preference.
This recipe makes about 4 servings. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container. Make this recipe ahead for work lunches.