HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Spinach Mozzarella Pizza
This recipe is only safe for the 2nd 3 weeks of the HCG Diet and beyond.
This is one of our top recipes because you can customize it according to your individual taste. Pictured is a "Spinach Mozzarella Pizza", but feel free to mix-it-up using your choice of toppings... be creative.
- 1 large ‘flat out’ flatbread wrap
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Your choice of cheese
Your choice of toppings
- bell peppers (green, red, yellow or orange)
- black olives
- chicken, cooked
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, seasonings, and garlic. Stir well.
- Heat over low-medium heat until warm, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, place the flatbread wrap on a pizza stone (if you have one) or cookie sheet.
- Brush the flat bread with the extra virgin olive oil, place it in the oven for about three minutes. This allows the flatbread crisp a little before adding the sauce.
- Remove the flatbread wrap from the oven, and ladle with tomato sauce.
- Spread sauce out evenly over the flatbread wrap.
- Add your choice of toppings evenly around the pizza.
- Top with cheese evenly around the pizza.
- Place the pizza into the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble. The cooking time will depend on your choice of cheese and toppings.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and more Italian seasoning, if desired.
- Let cool slightly, slice into thin pieces, serve and enjoy!
This recipe is NOT safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3, because it contains 'starch' in the flatbread. However, we have seen some of our customers get creative with cauliflower and make this recipe using a cauliflower pizza crust.
Bonus HCG Recipe!
HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
This recipe is only safe for the 2nd 3 weeks of the HCG Diet and beyond. This recipe is NOT safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3, because it contains 'starch' in the breadcrumbs.
Submitted by Valerie Waters
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the grated Parmesan in a separate dish and your egg whites in another.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the egg whites, making sure to coat them thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the egg whites and dredge them in the grated Parmesan to coat completely, pressing to adhere.
- Spray a large heavy sauté pan with cooking spray and brown the coated chicken tenders 2-3 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
- After your tenders have browned; place the sauté pan in the oven for about 10 minutes – or until fully cooked.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve.