HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Mexican Steak
This recipe is safe for the first 3 weeks of HCG Diet Phase 3 and beyond because it does not contain any sugars or starches.
This Mexican Steak recipe is delicious... try it tonight!
- 6 oz lean sirloin steak
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ⅛ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp hot chili powder
- 1 tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ jalapeno (or to taste)
- Make the pico de gallo. Combine tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until combined and the mixture has reached a good consistency.
- Make the steak rub, by combining the cumin, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and chili powder small bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the spice mixture on both sides of the meat and gently press to adhere the spices to the meat.
- Preheat a grill or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once warm, sear both sides of the steak for about a minute.
- Cover and turn down to low heat.
- Let the steak cook for an additional 2-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak until the steak has reach your preferred level of done-ness.
- Remove from heat, allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
- Slice on the bias and serve with the pico de gallo.
Bonus HCG Recipe!
HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Submitted by Sheila Viers
This recipe is safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3 and beyond because it does not contain and sugars or starches.
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease 9×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil. (I use a paper towel and wipe the oil around bottom and sides of the dish.)
- Place chicken breasts (one by one) between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat to achieve even thickness throughout.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic powder.
- Lay pounded chicken breast out flat and scoop ¼ of the mixture into the center of the breast.
- Roll the breast up around it and place it, folded side down, in the baking dish.
- Repeat for all 4 breasts.
- Salt and pepper the tops of the chicken rolls (a pinch of each sprinkled evenly over all 4 breasts).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute throughout chicken.