HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Kickin’ Vitamin C Side Salad
This recipe is safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3 and beyond because it does not contain and sugar or starches.
- 1 cup romaine lettuce (washed and dried)
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ½ cup yellow or red grape tomatoes
- 1 orange
- ½ orange or red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp salad dressing*
- Peel the orange and segments out the pulp with a shape knife.
- Cut all the ingredients into bite-size pieces (see photo from example).
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, add your favorite low-sugar, low-carb dressing.
- Toss, serve, and enjoy.
*Make sure your salad dressing is low-sugar and low-carb. Our favorite salad dressing for this recipe is the Simple Girl Sweet Vinaigrette dressing. See all the Simple Girl dressings here.
Bonus HCG Recipe!
HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Breakfast Casserole
This recipe is safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3 and beyond because it does not contain and sugar or starches. Submitted by Sheila Viers.
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 4 links (12 oz) chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Oil to grease baking dish
- Sour cream, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roast the poblanos by placing them on an open flame. You can do this on your stove top if you have gas burners, or on your outdoor grill.
- Turn them frequently with tongs, until all sides are charred black.
- Place the peppers in a plastic or paper bag until cool enough to handle. (Placing them in the bag helps to separate the skin from the meat of the pepper.)
- Peel the skin off, split lengthwise, and remove seeds and stems.
- Grease 8×8-inch baking dish and lay peppers evenly across bottom.
- In a large pan, cook the chicken sausage over medium heat, breaking it apart as it browns.
- Remove from heat, and spoon crumbled sausage evenly over poblano peppers.
- In the same large skillet, add oil, onion and bell peppers, and sauté over medium heat until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
- Spoon mixture evenly over sausage and poblanos.
- Add green onions and cilantro over top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, hot sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Gently pour into baking dish, making sure to coat all ingredients.
- Add cheese over top as the final layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly and egg is no longer translucent.