HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Grilled Chicken & Corn with a Side Salad
This recipe was created with the intention of enjoying this meal on the 2nd 3 weeks of the HCG maintenance phase.
This grilled chicken, corn, and side salad recipe is amazing and perfect for that summer-time taste!!
- 6 ounces chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- ½ cup all-natural vinaigrette dressing or Simple Girl Sweet Vinaigrette dressing*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 stalk yellow corn
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp of your favorite dressing
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
Vegetables of your choice for side salad
- green onion
- Marinate the chicken breast and corn. This should be done for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Use a fork to pierce the chicken breast several times, making lots of small holes in the meat. This will allow the marinade to soak into the meat better.
- In a large bowl, add husked corn, chicken breast, vinaigrette, extra virgin olive oil, and black pepper.
- Cover, place in fridge, and let marinate for at least 2 hours, but no longer than 4 hours.
- To prepare the side salad, roughly chop the romaine lettuce and then chop and top with your chosen veggies. The side salad in the picture is topped with pieces of carrot, cucumber, mushroom, and green onion.
- Place a pot of water on the stove, lightly salted, if desired. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the corn from the zip-top bag and place in the boiling water. Boil corn for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the corn cool in the water.
- Flip the chicken breast over to the other side and place at a vertical angle and leave for 2 minutes.
- Rotate the chicken (do not flip) horizontally for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Thicker chicken pieces may require longer cooking times. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Preheat a grill on medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast from the zip-top bag and place on the hottest area of the grill at a vertical angle for 2 minutes.
- Rotate the chicken (do not flip) horizontally for another 2-3 minutes. Grilling in this manner provides the best char and grill marks.
- Allow the chicken to cool for about 2-3 minutes, so the juices inside the chicken can settle and redistribute... giving you juicy meat.
- While the grill is still on, remove the corn from the boiling pot of water and place on the grill to add the tasty charred flavor. Remember, the corn is pre-cooked from the boiling process, so this step will only take a few minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Plate the cooled chicken, corn, and a big portion of the side salad.
- Top the salad with your favorite type of salad dressing (limited sugar and starches). Enjoy!
This recipe is NOT allowed on the 1st 3 weeks of the HCG maintenance phase because of the starch in the corn. If you want to use this recipe on the 1st 3 weeks of maintenance, you may substitute the corn with a sugar-free dressing.
*The Simple Girl Sweet Vinaigrette dressing tastes great on this salad!