HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Greek Yogurt with Berries
This recipe is safe for the first 3 weeks of HCG Diet Phase 3 and beyond since it does not have any added sugar or starches.
It does not matter what percentage of 'fat' Greek yogurt you use for this recipe. Remember... fat is not limited while on Phase 3 of the HCG Diet (sugar and starches are limited). For this recipe, we used 0% fat Greek yogurt, but feel free to use another kind as long as it is plain and unsweetened.
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt, plain & unsweetened
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- 1-2 packets powdered stevia
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice the strawberries into smaller pieces, and you may want to cut your raspberries in half if they are large.
- Place all the berries into a small bowl.
- Top with the fresh-squeezed lemon juice and then sprinkle with stevia.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- This step helps the berries break down and release their juice.
- Once time is up, remove the fruit from the fridge and mix with the Greek yogurt in a serving bowl.
- Add more stevia, if desired, serve, and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a quick high-protein breakfast (if you have pre-macerated the berries) or for a good mid-morning snack.
Want more protein?
As you probably know, protein is a very important part of Phase 3 of the HCG Diet. Not eating enough protein on this phase has been linked to a more difficult time maintaining the weight loss long term... so EAT YOUR PROTEIN. If you have a hard time eating protein, especially in the morning, try using protein bars. We carry several flavors of high-protein bars that have been analyzed to meet the requirements of HCG Diet Phase 3. View the types of protein bars we recommend here.
Go back to HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipes for Maintenance.