HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Blackened Salmon with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Side Salad
This recipe is only safe for the 2nd 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3 and beyond. This recipe NOT safe for the 1st 3 weeks of HCG Phase 3, because of the starch in the sweet potato.
This recipe is full of healthy fat and perfect for maintaining weight loss on Phase 3 of the HCG Diet. We hope you like it!
- 4 oz salmon fillet (wild-caught preferred)
- ¼ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter (to flavor salmon)
- 1 tbsp butter (for cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the spices for the salmon together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small saucepan.
- Brush the butter on both sides of salmon.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on each side of salmon, gently pat the salmon fillet to ensure the spices are sticking well.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp butter.
- Place the salmon in skillet, skin side up. Sear for about 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of fish).
- Transfer the seared salmon to oven safe dish, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5-7 minutes or until the fish flakes.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp milk (2% fat)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Microwave or bake the sweet potato until tender. Cool.
- Remove the skin and slice into small pieces.
- Add potato pieces, milk, salt, and pepper into a bowl, use a blender to mix thoroughly, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve together with a side salad using a low-carb, low sugar salad dressing.*
If you want to use this recipe for the 1st 3 weeks of maintenance, just replace the sweet potatoes with a non-starch vegetable like broccoli.
*We recommend Simple Girl dressings and sauces for all phases of the HCG Diet and for life.
Bonus Phase 3 Recipe!
HCG Diet Phase 3 Recipe: Lemon Berry Pie
This recipe is for the 2nd 3 Weeks of maintenance.
Submitted by Dianna H.
Nut Crust Ingredients
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 packet powdered stevia
- Combine ingredients and press into a pie pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until brown. Cool completely.
Layer 1 Ingredients
- 1 box sugar-free instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix ingredients and chill in fridge until set. Spoon mixture into prepared crust.
Layer 2 Ingredients
- 1 pkg sugar-free instant strawberry jello
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ container sugar-free cool whip
- Prepare jello using 1 cup boiling water and ¾ cup cold water.
- Add strawberry slices and chill in fridge until slightly set.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Spoon mixture on top of lemon mixture.
- Top with remaining cool whip and fresh or frozen wild blueberries, if desired.
This dessert is even better the next day. Makes 8-10 servings.