HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipe: Hot Apple Cider Drink
This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 fruit serving and some of your allotted daily amount of lemon juice. You are allowed the juice of one lemon per day.
This is the perfect recipe for when you're on the HCG Diet during the holidays or when the weather is bad. We hope you like it!
- 1 medium-sized apple, freshly juiced* (any variety)
- 2 tbsp lemon, freshly squeezed**
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1-2 packets powdered stevia** (or to taste)
- water, as needed
- Place the freshly juiced apple, the apple cider vinegar and the freshly squeezed lemon juice into a small sauce pan over low heat, stir well.
- Add the above spices: cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves and powdered stevia to the liquid mixture. Stir well.
- Cover and continue to warm over low heat.
- At this point you may want to give the mixture a taste-test to determine the amount of water needed. Depending on your preferred strength of this recipe you may need to add anywhere from 1 tablespoon of water (if you like it strong) to 1 cup of water (if you like it more diluted).
- Once the apple cider mixture reaches your desired temperature, remove from heat and transfer to a mug.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
*It is important to use a freshly juiced apple – not apple juice.
**It is important to used freshly squeezed lemon juice over the store-bought lemon juice because it usually contains preservatives that could slow or stall your weight loss. Be on the safe side... always buy fresh lemons and squeeze your own lemon juice while on the HCG Diet.
**When choosing the stevia for this recipe... many store-bought brands of stevia are stevia 'blends'. Only 'pure' stevia is recommended for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. SweetLeaf® stevia is the brand we recommend and it's allowed in any quantity. If you do not have SweetLeaf® stevia, look at the ingredients and if you see any words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin, avoid using that type of stevia during Phase 2 of the HCG Diet.