HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipe: Cinnamon Grapefruit
This is a terrific, easy to prepare recipe. It is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 fruit serving.
Enjoy this recipe cold or warm by broiling the grapefruit segments in an oven-safe dish for about 3-5 minutes until caramelized.
- ½ grapefruit (pink or red)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1-2 packets powdered stevia* (or to taste)
- water (if needed)
- Use a knife to section the grapefruit. The goal is to remove as much pulp from the rind as possible. Take the knife around the inside peel of the grapefruit so that it cuts the outer edge of the grapefruit from the peel. Use the knife to cut and separate the segmented portions of the grapefruit. Once the pulp is all cut loose, turn the grapefruit upside-down over a medium-sized bowl. (Tip: Just get messy and use your fingers to pull the sections of the grapefruit pulp out... it makes it easier.)
- Place all the grapefruit sections into the bowl. If your grapefruit is juicy, you will not need to add water. If your grapefruit is dry, sprinkle with a bit of water to moisten.
- Sprinkle the powdered stevia and cinnamon over all the grapefruit pieces. Stir well.
- Place back into halved grapefruit peel, if desired.
*Only 'pure' stevia is recommended for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. Many store-bought brands are stevia 'blends'. SweetLeaf® stevia is the brand we recommend and it's allowed in any quantity. If you do not have SweetLeaf® stevia, just look at the ingredients of your stevia and if you see any words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin, avoid using that type of stevia during Phase 2 of the HCG Diet.