HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipe: Cod with Tomato Italiano Sauce
This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 vegetable serving and 1 meat serving.
Super simple to make, this recipe is perfect for nights when you have meetings, soccer practice, or simply need a break.
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) cod (fresh or frozen)
- ⅛ tsp fine salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 8 ounces sugar-free tomato sauce*
- If your cod is frozen, thaw in water for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Season both sides of the cod meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat.**
- Pan grill the cod until browned and the fish is opaque and flaky.
- Warm the Italiano sauce in a small sauce pan over low-medium heat.
- Once the sauce has reached desired temperature, pour onto a serving plate.
- Top with cod, season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve, and enjoy!
*Most store-bought tomato sauces contain sugar, preservatives, or other ingredients that could stall your weight loss. Analyze the ingredients of any tomato sauce to be used before purchase. Avoid oil, starches, sugar, hard preservatives, chemicals, and words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin.
**Remember the use of any oil or cooking spray is a not allowed while on the HCG Diet, for that reason make sure all your cooking surfaces are non-stick. If you do not have a non-stick grill or pan, you can adapt this recipe by baking the fish in the oven on top of a piece of aluminum foil.
Go back to HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipes for Weight Loss.