HCG Diet Phase 2: Bison Patty with Pickles
This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet (assuming you buy the right kind of pickles) and counts as 1 meat serving and 1 vegetable serving.
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) lean ground bison
- 2 tbsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp onion powder*
- 2 garlic cloves, minced**
- 2 dill pickles***
- 1 tbsp Simple Girl Sweet Mustard Dressing
- Mix the bison meat with oregano, onion powder, salt, and garlic in a small bowl. Using your hands form the bison into a disc.
- Pre-heat a non-stick grill (indoor or outdoor is fine), we used a George Foreman style grill.
- Cook the bison meat patty on medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side, it may take longer or shorter depending on the thickness of your bison meat.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Place 2-3 spears of dill pickles on your plate.
- Pour the Simple Girl Sweet Mustard Dressing into a small dish for dipping.
- Add bison patty to the plate, serve and enjoy!
*Remember to check the ingredients of the onion powder, as some brands of contain unallowed ingredients such as -dextrose. Avoid any onion powder brand with words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin.
**You should always mince fresh garlic, rather than using pre-minced garlic from the grocery store. Most pre-minced garlic contain preservatives. Be on the safe side... mince your own fresh garlic cloves for the best possible weight loss.
***Only some brands of pickles are allowed on the HCG Diet. Check the ingredients NOT just the nutritional value. If you see ingredients such as oils, most preservatives, and any ingredients ending in -ose, -tol, -dextrin... stay away. Look for a brand that simply contains vinegar, cucumbers, and spices.