HCG Diet Phase 2: BBQ'ed Spiced Chicken serving on Spinach
This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 meat serving, 1 vegetable serving, and part of your daily allotted amount of lemon juice. You are allowed the juice of one lemon per day. If you have already reached that amount of lemon juice, just omit from the recipe.
This recipe requires the Simple Girl BBQ Seasoning. This seasoning is sugar-free, oil-free, sweetened with stevia and was specifically formulated for all phases of the HCG Diet. If you do not have this spice blend, feel free to follow this recipe and season the chicken with other seasonings**. But... the Simple Girl BBQ Seasoning is amazing and really "makes" this recipe!
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Simple Girl BBQ Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder*
- ⅛ tsp onion powder*
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken meat.
- Season both sides of the raw chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently rub the spices into the meat.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe baking dish and bake covered for 18-20 mins at 350 degrees.
- After 20 mins remove lid and bake for another 10 mins or until the juices of the chicken run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, immediately sprinkle with the Simple Girl BBQ Seasoning and set aside.
- Wash and dry the spinach before use, especially if you do not buy organic produce and place onto a serving dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the spinach with a couple wedges of lemon for squeezing over spinach.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Check the ingredients of the onion and garlic powder, as some brands of contain unallowed ingredients such as -dextrose. Avoid any brand with words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin.
**Not all spices are safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. Check the ingredients and avoid anything containing sugar, starches, oils, preservatives, and words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin. The Simple Girl Seasonings were created especially for the HCG Diet. They are gluten free, fat free, preservative free, contain no sugar or artificial sweeteners and are sweetened exclusively with HCG Diet approved stevia.