HCG Diet Phase 2: Asian Cucumber Salad
This salad recipe will add some Asian Flair to your diet. It is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 vegetable serving. We hope you like it!
- 1 large cucumber
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 8 drops Clear Stevia drops or 1-2 packets of powdered stevia* (or to taste)
- 1½ tsp dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Wash your cucumber; this step is very important if you do not buy organic cucumbers. If the cucumber still has a waxy coating on it after washing, you may want to peel it before using.
- Chop the cucumber into small-sized pieces, small enough to fit into a food processor. Place all of the ingredients into the food processor, including the spices. Use the 'pulse' option to chop the cucumbers into small pieces.
- Don't have a food processor? Don't worry. Simply slice the cucumber length-wise into quarters. Finely chop into small pieces until done (approximately ⅛-inch pieces). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, stevia, and all the above spices. Whisk until well combined. Pour the vinegar/spice mixture over the cucumbers in a medium-sized bowl. Stir once more.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is even better when chilled. Simply cover and chill for approximately 2-3 hours so the flavors have a chance to combine and soak into the cucumber. This is also a great make-ahead recipe because the vinegar acts as a preservative/pickling agent.
*When choosing the stevia for this recipe... many store-bought brands of stevia are stevia 'blends'. Only 'pure' stevia is recommended for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. SweetLeaf® stevia is the brand we recommend and it's allowed in any quantity. If you do not have SweetLeaf® stevia, look at the ingredients and if you see any words ending in -ose, -tol, or -dextrin, avoid using that type of stevia during Phase 2 of the HCG Diet.