HCG Planned Break Instructions:
It seems like as soon as you start dieting tons of events pop-up. Between office parties, holiday celebrations, birthdays, vacations, and other events you might be tempted to cheat on the HCG Diet.
A planned break is the safest way to deviated from the HCG Diet without gaining tons of weight.
Below is a quick look at the step-by-step process for how to complete a HCG Diet planned break. Read below for more detailed instructions and ways to avoid cheating.
- Stop taking the HCG Diet weight loss drops.
- Continue eating the same HCG P2 food list for 3 days (72 hours).
- While on the 'HCG break' eat high protein, low carb meals.
- The 'HCG break' can last up to 10 days.
- Decide when you're going to get back on the HCG Diet.
- The next morning start taking your HCG Diet weight loss drops again.
- Start following the HCG P2 food list again.
- Continue the diet as normal.
- Remember you should have an ultimate goal of completing 21 consecutive, non-cheating days on the HCG Diet at some point either before or after a planned break (according to Dr. Simeons) to positively affect your long term metabolism reset and weight loss results.
Now... remember... If you don't have to cheat, don't. At a house party stick to drinking water and socializing, no one will even notice that you didn't snack on the 'little smokies'. At a 'bring your own dish' event, bring a shrimp tray and veggie tray. Then just eat the shrimp (no sauce) and one type of veggie (no ranch). Voila! Going to events while on the HCG Diet doesn't have to lead to cheating.
If you're going to an event that you feel obligated to eat their food (such as a wedding reception), you will probably want to do a planned break to avoid full out cheating.
To Complete an HCG Diet Planned Break:
- Three days before you expect to be in a situation where you will be tempted to go off the Phase 2 diet plan for a few days, stop taking the HCG Diet drops but still follow the Phase 2 food plan for 3 days.
- Those three 'exit days' allowed the HCG to get out of your system before you start eating non-protocol allowed foods.
- If you eat non-protocol allowed foods before the HCG is out of your bodily systems you may gain.
- While on your HCG Diet Planned Break, it is recommended to stick as closely to a high protein, low carb diet as possible, similar to the HCG Phase 3 food plan.
- Once your event is over you should get right back on the HCG Diet drops and the Phase 2 food plan.
- No gorge days are needed as you begin the HCG Diet again.
- If your HCG Diet Planned Break lasts longer than 10 days, you may want to wait a full 6 weeks before starting the HCG drops again.
KEEP IN MIND: For the best results in resetting your hypothalamus and your metabolism with the HCG Diet, you must have 21 consecutive days of the HCG VLCD before or after your planned break.
Next... read the article Things to Do Instead of Cheating on the HCG Diet.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page.