We've compiled tips for the HCG diet all on one page! Now you can get the best results on the HCG diet using these HCG tips and tricks below:
General HCG Tips:
- HCG Tip #97: Eat slowly to keep yourself from over-eating. The faster you eat, the more you eat which can cause weight gain not only during the HCG diet, but throughout life.
- HCG Tip #243: For a coffee treat safe for all phases of the HCG diet, mix 1 tablespoon of milk (you’re allowed 1 tablespoon of milk per day) with stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla extract into your coffee…yum! (Click here to see the best types of HCG safe stevia)
- HCG Tip #395: To stay on track, make sure you are weight in EVERY morning on all phases of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #401: Drink, drink, drink! Drinking water is one of the most important things to do on the HCG diet to keep weight loss fast and keep your body functioning correctly in all phases of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #402: Take body measurement, chest, arms, legs, belly, hips, butt, etc. Taking body measurements thoughout the whole process of the HCG diet can help you keep track of your inches lost and body reshaping.
HCG Phase 2 Tips:
- HCG Tip #89: If you have leg cramps while on the HCG diet, try using Cell Salts. The homeopathic version of cell salts are safe on the HCG protocol and will help ease muscle cramping. (Click here to view the right type of Cell Salts for HCG)
- HCG Tip #98: Once you’ve completed HCG P2, make sure to take your “after” pictures and measurements to see how far you’ve come in your HCG weight loss journey!
HCG Tip #100: Like venison? It’s safe on the VLCD of the HCG Diet! We tested it and got good, consistent HCG weight loss results so you can use it to mix up your HCG meals!
- HCG Tip #101: Although crab meat is allowed on the VLCD of the HCG diet, imitation crab is not allowed on HCG phase 2 because it has too much sugar.
- HCG Tip #102: Be careful with your serving sizes of onion and tomatoes while on the HCG diet because they’re higher in carbs than other HCG VLCD vegetables.
- HCG Tip #103: Try increasing your water intake on HCG Phase 2 to increase your HCG weight loss! You should be drinking a bare minimum of 2 liters of water on the VLCD of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #104: Avoid tanning while on phase 2 of the HCG diet. It will make you retain water and as a result, affect your HCG weight loss.
- HCG Tip #105: Think you’re catching a cold during HCG phase 2? Try juicing your orange from your HCG meal for a vitamin C boost.
- HCG Tip #106: Remember to take your before pictures and measurements before starting the HCG diet. They’ll help motivate you along the way during the VLCD phase of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #107: Stay away from flavored coffee and tea on the HCG diet VLCD phase. They’ll most likely have hidden sugars or oils that can slow HCG weight loss on HCG P2.
- HCG Tip #108: To get maximum HCG weight loss, make sure you’re getting a good night’s sleep…at least 8 hours per night on the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #109: Don’t forget: On the VLCD of the HCG diet, mixing veggies at mealtimes is not allowed! It will make you stall or gain on HCG phase 2.
- HCG Tip #235: Drinking at least 2 liters of water per day isn’t just for HCG phase 2! Keep it up through HCG phase 3 and the rest of your life to stay healthy.
- HCG Tip #236: Canned tuna wasn’t allowed in Dr. Simeons’ time since it was packed in oil. Now that it’s packed in water, it’s safe for the VLCD of the HCG diet.
HCG Tip #237: Use spices with caution on HCG P2. Check all ingredients for hidden sugars, oils, and starches (ex. maltose, orange peel, modified corn starch, etc.) that will affect HCG weight loss. (Click here to see allowable HCG spices)
- HCG Tip #238: It’s best to hold off on taking any vitamins or supplements until after the VLCD of the HCG Diet since they may cause stalls in HCG weight loss.
- HCG Tip #239: DON’T CHEAT on HCG phase 2! It can cause major HCG weight gain that can take up to 3 days to recover from.
- HCG Tip #240: On HCG phase 2, try and stay aware of EVERYTHING you touch. Don’t forget the “no oil” rule for touching everyday things on the VLCD of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #241: Stay motivated in your HCG weight loss with a ‘goal picture.’ Use an old picture of yourself or one cut from a magazine while on the VLCD of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #242: Hidden sugars in food have many names. Look for words ending in –ose, -tol, -dextrose, or –destrin and avoid them on the VLCD of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #244: Craving sweets on HCG P2? Try cutting an apple in half, sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon, and microwave for about 2 minutes.
- HCG Tip #245: For a refreshing beverage on HCG P2, mix the juice of 1 lemon (you’re allowed the juice of 1 lemon per day) with plenty of stevia and ice water to make a delicious lemonade! (Click here to see the best types of HCG safe stevia)
HCG Tip #246: To save time on the VLCD of the HCG Diet, use a non-stick grill like a George Foreman for all your HCG meats and even some of your HCG veggies. It cooks most things in about 3 minutes!
- HCG Tip #247: When on HCG P2, cover up or stay out of the sun to avoid water retention and HCG stalls or gains on the scale.
- HCG Tip #248: A great way to maximize HCG weight loss both on HCG phase 2 and in life is to drink a couple cups of green tea each day.
- HCG Tip #249: Constipated on HCG VLCD? It’s totally normal. Try using green tea or smooth move tea for relief of constipation on HCG P2. (Click here to learn more about Organic HCG Smooth Move Tea)
- HCG Tip #250: Dill pickles are allowed as a vegetable on phase 2 of the HCG diet. Just make sure the only ingredients are cucumbers, water, vinegar, and salt (some other spices might be okay too, just no sugars, oils, or starches).
- HCG Tip #253: Remember, on HCG P2, makeup can cause stalling or gaining. Use oil-free, mineral powder-based makeup for best HCG diet results.
- HCG Tip #254: On the HCG VLCD, regular lip balm or chapstick aren’t allowed. Try Tiffalina’s HCG Safe Lip Balm to keep losing while you moisturize. (Click here to see the HCG safe lip balm)
- HCG Tip #386: Try adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet each day to maximize HCG P2 weight loss.
- HCG Tip #387: No chewing gum or mints on the VLCD on the HCG diet! Even if they say ‘sugar free’ they still have ingredients that can cause HCG stalls or gains.
- HCG Tip #388: No diet soda is allowed on the VLCD of the HCG diet! Even if it says ‘sugar free’ it still has ingredients that can cause HCG stalls or gains.
- HCG Tip #389: Stay away from flavored beverages on HCG P2. Unless you make it yourself with stevia, it probably has bad ingredients that can affect your HCG weight loss.
HCG Tip #390: Make sure to eat enough high-fat foods on your gorge days. If you don’t you might feel extra hungry your first week on the VLCD of the HCG diet.
- HCG Tip #391: Be careful when using ground beef on the VLCD of the HCG diet. If it’s not lean enough, it may cause HCG stalls or gains.
- HCG Tip #392: If you have to eat out on HCG P2, try ordering plain lettuce with a plain chicken breast then use lemon juice for dressing (you can bring powdered stevia packets with you too).
- HCG Tip #393: Some cuts of steak are better than others for the HCG VLCD. The best are filet mignon, flank steak, T-bone, top round, top sirloin, and tenderloin.
- HCG Tip #394: Mix up your HCG proteins as much as possible. Try and have a different protein each VLCD meal of the day to maximize HCG weight loss.
Now that you've read our short tips for the HCG diet, you may want to read the DIY HCG article called Top 7 HCG Tips & Tricks Weight Loss. Each tip is expanded upon with a little more information.
Or you may want to take a look at our AWESOME... and FREE recieps for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet. See all of our recipes here.
Click here to return to the HCG Phase 2 / HCG VLCD Information Page